Everything you ever wanted to know about the agent/photographer relationship. This is a tell all, show all, know all regarding the ins-and-outs of this very critical strategic alliance. The right relationship is an extraordinary partnership where all parties feel mutually successful and rewarded. The wrong relationship can be highly detrimental to the path of an artist. This is not a relationship that should be taken lightly. This workshop will provide insight as well as concrete worksheets and checklists that will be informative to both the photographer seeking marketing consultation as well as the seasoned pro who is looking to enhance and support an existing agent relationship.
Who should attend this event:
- Industry professional who want to learn more about the photographer/agent relationship.
What you will learn:
- Is there a industry standard artist rep. agreement?
- What does an equitable and fair agency agreement look like? We’ll show you.
- We’ll address the biggest misconceptions photographers have about signing with an agent.
- Critical business areas to know, understand, and negotiate upfront before signing with a agent.
- How to negotiate on your own behalf and protect your business interests.
- Alternate ways to get your work seen outside the traditional representation model.
- And, we’ll answer any and all questions.
Doors open at 6:30 p.m. for networking with the workshop starting at 7:00 p.m.
Patti Schumann Bio
Patti Schumann celebrated twenty five years of collaborating with an extraordinary roster of internationally acclaimed photographers/directors noted for their stylistic integrity and conceptional capabilities. She now passionately combines her love of all things visual with her keen interest in finding strategic win-win solutions. She tirelessly promotes industry standards through her involvement and engagement with professional associations and colleges and universities.
Note: the event will take place at a Stephen Hamilton venue, located near the corner of Fulton & Justine. We will notify you a couple days prior to the event with the exact address.
This event is proudly sponsored by Grey House Productions.
Grey House offers a full suite of production services that blends logistics with hospitality.