Where going to work feels like coming home.
We’re growing fast, so we’re always happy to hear from people who are interested in joining our team. If you think you might be a good match for us, please review the job openings below or email your cover letter and resume to our Executive Producer, Hannah Soto.
Regardless of it you want to join our team or if you want to hire us, you should know: We live out our values every day: and that includes in our stand against racism.
We Stand Against Racism and in Support of the Black Community
We realize that anti-racism efforts are bigger than just the Black Lives Matter organization and PR-inspired initiatives. We commit to pushing for opportunities, access and safety for Black people in equal and equitable ways.
From day one, Grey House Productions has striven to create and celebrate diverse environments in every way possible. However, the aftermath of George Floyd’s death has opened our eyes to an urgent need to do more, and better, to support the Black community and stand in solidarity with the Black Lives Matter movement. To that end, we pledge full transparency in our accountability and actions toward supporting anti-racism and dismantling white supremacy. Here’s how:
- Tracking diversity in the crew and vendors we hire, but also by using our spending to specifically support Black-owned businesses and makers, and encourage our production partners to do the same.
- Defunding bad-news brands that don’t support the BLM movement, or otherwise demonstrate anti-Blackness through their actions, statements, donations or affiliations, and instead vote with our wallets to support companies who support the cause.
- Funding good-news organizations on a recurring basis. Our 2020 annual benefactors are Black & Brown Founders, Black Girls Code, and UndocuBlack.
- Pledging to do better via orgs that push us to do the most good, including Change The Lens, The Allyship & Action Pledge, and The Anti-Racist Small Business Pledge.
For more on our commitment, check out our blog post.
Full-Time | Chicago or Remote (USA Only)
Grey House Productions is looking for a Head of Operations + Finance to take ownership of both departments and elevate the systems and processes we use to do our best work. This is a brand-new, full-time position that’s perfect for a mid-senior career professional who wants to step into a leadership role and build out key processes that directly impact a company’s growth and efficiency.
As Head of Operations + Finance, your job first and foremost will be to streamline and manage the company operations and finance/billing functions of the organization. We’ll be counting on you to keep your finger on the financial pulse of the company, develop forecasts that help us make better decisions, build out detailed reports for client billing, and create processes that make us more efficient and effective.
Our ideal candidate has a few years of experience managing the finances of a small-to-medium sized business and a passion for optimization. You should be a creative problem solver who is able to think bigger than the problem at hand, and instead solve for the one that’s coming round the corner. We’ll be counting on you to help us structure systems that scale and automate financial processes that allow our producers to spend less time wrapping a project and more time in their “zone of genius” with clients.
This is a big job so we’re looking for a leader who has the passion and commitment to be the glue that connects our departments. In short, you will be the steadying force that keeps everyone focused and accountable in executing our business goals.
- Develop processes that help the business grow by prioritizing inefficiencies that, when eliminated, could be a gamechanger for the business
- Manage activities for accounts payable and receivable by working with an assistant to organize and reconcile receipts, create invoices, monitor payments, and process payroll
- Oversee the company budget by supporting team leads in understanding best practices, managing expenses, and making recommendations for reducing costs and operating more efficiently
- Work with Producers to create detailed itemized expense reports for each client project and ensure that no expense goes unbilled
- Ensure that projects are running smoothly by administering our project management software, ensuring that the workload is distributed and that everyone has the resources they need to do their best work
- Direct incoming inquiries by implementing a system that ensures every request makes it to the right team member and nothing falls through the cracks
- Design and implement company and HR policies and processes that promote a positive work environment and comply with labor regulations
- Maintain detailed personnel records that include the necessary paperwork and documentation for hirings, terminations, performance conversations, etc.
- Act as the main point of contact for addressing any inquiries and questions from freelancers, vendors, and clients related to financial operations
- Communicate key performance indicators for the business using the EOS framework and update the reports for our weekly leadership meetings
- Continuously assess business performance, evaluate risks, and recommend initiatives to improve operational efficiency and financial profitability
- Work with legal and accounting vendors to update contracts, prepare taxes, and ensure that Grey House is compliant with local laws and best practices
- Experience leading operations and financial functions at a small-medium sized business where you had direct experience developing budgets and forecasts
- Deep understanding of cash flow management, reconciliation, and bookkeeping
- Eye for strategic process improvement — you not only know how to make something easier or more efficient, but how to prioritize the improvements and when to redirect the team from “shiny object syndrome”
- Extremely organized and able to raise the bar for organizational competence across the whole team
- A history of confidently recommending and implementing operational systems, structures, and software changes for optimum efficiencies and company growth
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally — you know how to communicate financial concepts to people without a financial background, and work with other teams to get things done
- Ability to bypass “analysis paralysis” to quickly vet and implement solutions that we can iterate on over time
- Capable of setting your own deadlines and motivating yourself to meet them
- Willingness to not only learn new tools, but actively seek them out as solutions to painful problems or inefficiencies
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely in writing, on the phone, and in-person
- Experience with E.O.S Worldwide is highly preferred, but not required
- Understanding of production and/or advertising industry
- Understanding of best practices related to human resources
Perks + Benefits
- Paid vacation and sick days
- Flexible work environment that includes flex time to accommodate personal appointments and the occasional work from home day
- Continued education and self-development stipend
- A fast-growing company with lots of opportunities for job growth
We take action to create a safe, equitable, and inclusive environment in our studio and on set. Read more about our commitment Against Racism and in Support of the Black Community.
- We work hard, care about the people on our team, and know when to ask for help.
- We have zero-tolerance for gossip and create an open space for communication and two-way feedback.
- We have zero-tolerance for an entitlement mindset. And, anyone on our team should feel comfortable taking out the trash or cleaning a toilet. After all, we are all in this together.
- We are all constantly stretching ourselves to learn and grow, so we are willing to make mistakes, and learn from them.
- We are eager to develop, so we put down our defenses, take a moment to process, then accept feedback that will help us continue to grow.
About Grey House Productions
Grey House Productions is a full-service production company that works with brands, agencies, photographers, and directors. From curating dream teams to hosting castings and fittings at our Fulton Market studio, we’re here to make magic happen with our unique blend of logistics and hospitality.
Our purpose goes way beyond completing a project on time and on budget. We believe our work is an opportunity to invest in others. And by doing so, we’re raising the bar of the entire industry — and creating better work because of it.
You can read more about our values and culture in our Employee Handbook.
Grey House Productions is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, military service, or any other legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
How to Apply
Think you could be a good fit? We’d love to hear from you.